Alterna Hideaway 2-piece drainable pouch is a mechanical coupling with extra reassurance
- The pouch is fixed securely to the baseplate by a mechanical coupling system. An audible ‘click’ confirms the secure locking of the pouch to the baseplate.
- Before the pouch is locked into position, it can be rotated into the desired position, without having to remove the pouch from the baseplate.
- The pouch can be removed from the spiral adhesive baseplate, allowing the pouch to be changed more often than the adhesive baseplate.
Alterna [New Generation] 2-piece drainable is available with a standard wear and extended wear baseplate, flat or with convexity. The broad assortment consists of a range of baseplates with hole sizes which can be customized, and with pouches in a variety of sizes available in transparent or opaque colour.
Spiral adhesive, for security and skin friendliness
The Alterna spiral adhesive is a combination of materials designed for security and protection in a spiral-structure, for:
- Secure adherence to your skin
- Absorption of moisture from your skin - providing skin friendliness and protection from irritation
Alterna LongWear adhesive offers extra protection against aggressive output. It is suitable for people with an ileostomy or urostomy that has a more aggressive output which breaks down standard adhesives too quickly.
A comfortable and discrete pouch
Alterna 2-piece drainable has a range of features designed to offer comfort and discretion:
- Hide-away outlet - the outlet is easy to empty and clean, and has an integrated VELCRO® brand closure that can be easily tucked away – without the need for a closure clamp.
- Efficient filter - the integrated three-layer filter avoids the risk of the pouch ballooning up and causing unnecessary bulges, and neutralizes odour.
- Soft backing fabric - strong and water repellent, allowing for easy drying after a wash or swim.
Convexity, for stomas that are difficult to manage
Alterna [New Generation] 2-piece drainable is available with two different levels of convexity, designed to help a stoma that is difficult to manage, for example a stoma that is flush, retracted, or located in a skin fold. It applies pressure on the peristomal skin to reduce the risk of leakage by allowing the stoma to protrude.
A solution for flush or slightly retracted stomas, providing extra security through light and delicate pressure on the abdomen.
A solution for retracted stomas and deep skin folds and scars, providing extra security through moderate to high pressure on the abdomen.
Ask your stoma care nurse for more information about convexity.